“The best leaders understand the difference between a tension you manage versus a tension you resolve,” according to Andy Stanley.
Leadership isn’t easy. Every decision you make earns the favor of some and the disfavor of others. Some are happy and others are not. Most leaders end up avoiding tense situations and allow them to grow into full blown conflicts.
Your ability to discern the difference between tensions you manage verses tensions you resolve “may determine the level of success a leader can sustain,” according to Ron Edmondson. Do yourself a favor and check out Ron Edmondson’s post, “7 everyday tensions of every leader must manage.”
- Displaying confidence without being arrogant.
- Making bold decisions while building collaboration.
- Showing strength while displaying compassion.
- Controlling energy towards a vision but allowing individuals to chart their path.
- Celebrating victory while not resting on current success.
- Learning from other leaders but being who you were uniquely wired to be.
- Spending time with people versus completing tasks.
As a leader, what tension do you face, and how do you manage or resolve it?
Download Your FREE Guide
Once you click the link in the Confirmation email, you FREE guide will download immediately.